Zoe is a Senior Associate in the Commercial Property Department, dealing with a broad range of commercial property transactions. She has experience of landlord and tenant work (acting for both institutional landlords and occupational tenants), involving drafting and negotiating leases and associated property documentation. She has worked for a wide range of clients, advising in the office, retail and industrial sectors, and also acts for clients who have large portfolios of leasehold properties such as WYG plc and the Austin Reed Group Limited.
Zoe also advises on both acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold property, together with secured lending work. She is often asked to provide advice on the property elements of corporate transactions. In particular, Zoe has recently advised on the property elements of a number of high value and high profile transactions, including a series of garden centre deals [for The Garden Centre Group Limited] together with multi-million pound country house hotel acquisitions for Hand Picked Hotels Limited.
Having worked in the finance sector for five years prior to returning to law to qualify as a solicitor, Zoe is able to take a pragmatic and commercial approach to advising clients.
- Buying and selling commercial property
- Acting for landlords and tenants on leases
- Acting for banks and building societies on property funding
- Property aspects of corporate deals
- 1996 Graduated from University of Durham (LLB)
- 1996 Research Assistant, Putnam Investments Limited followed by Schroder Salomon Smith Barney, London
- 2005 Qualified as a Solicitor with Lupton Fawcett
- 2008 Became a freelance legal proof reader in Italy
- 2011 Re-joined Lupton Fawcett
- 2012 Became an Associate
- 2015 Became a Senior Associate
- Law Society
When not at work
Zoe enjoys sailing, particularly when this involves sailing in sunnier climes. Zoe also likes to travel and has recently returned to the UK after living in Italy for three years, where she learned to speak conversational Italian (with a Tuscan twist).